Whether you are an adult or teen, braces can be just another inconvenient thing to worry about throughout the day. If this is the case for you, we are happy to help you change your experience with the following tips and tricks:
1. Don’t forget your toothbrush and toothpaste. It is easy for food to get stuck in your braces throughout the day, which is very embarrassing and unattractive. After you eat, just pull out your toothbrush and toothpaste and thoroughly brush your teeth, removing any food that may be stuck.
2. Make sure you have your floss. Flossing plays a very important role in oral hygiene, and sometimes your toothbrush is unsuccessful in freeing the food that is stuck between your teeth. With floss, you can clear your smile in no time.
3. Don’t forget your orthodontic wax. Sometimes your braces can feel uncomfortable, but with wax, you will have a pleasant and pain-free day!
4. Always have chapstick with you. With braces, lips tend to become chapped, and that can be inconvenient and bothersome. If you have chapstick, your lips will be constantly refreshed.
5. Keep a mirror with you. Some of the time you are not able to go to the restroom to check your braces. With a handy mirror, you won’t need to make extra trips to the ladies or boys rooms.
6. If you are an athlete or musician, don’t forget your mouth guard! Your mouth guard will protect your teeth, lips, cheeks, and tongue from getting damaged while you are playing sports and instruments.
7. Don’t forget to smile! Most people feel embarrassed for having braces, but that should never be the case, even if you’re self-conscious. Be proud of your smile! Braces are very common, so there in no reason to hide your beautiful, stunning smile.
For more tips and tricks to having braces, call our office today and talk to your orthodontist! We are more than happy to help you have a successful and confident experience with your braces.